Washer dryer combo with steam function
Do you like to keep your clothes neat and tidy, but aren’t a fan of ironing? Then perhaps a combined washer and dryer with a steam function is the thing for you. Your laundry will come out of the dryer less wrinkled, so you won’t have to iron it at all.
What is a washer dryer combo with steam function
Less creased & cleaner clothes
A steam combi blows hot air through the drum at the end of a program, smoothing out wrinkles. This reduces or even eliminates the need to iron your garments. In addition, a steam function can also be used to freshen up your clothes,
or for extra hygienic washing if you are, for example, allergic to dust mites. The steam that is blown through the drum also ensures that your washing and drying combination uses less water, which means that your clothes wear less quickly.
Best washer dryer combo with steam functions of 2022
Below is an overview of the best washer dryer combo with steam functions of 2022.
Start the quick decision aid
find your ideal washer dryer combo
Washer dryer combo decision aid
Direct drive function
When you choose a washer-dryer combination, you often do so to save space. The appliance can easily fit into a space that you would not normally use, which is very efficient. In a small space, it is nice if your washer-dryer has a low noise level. To do this, look for models that are equipped with direct drive. This type of motor ensures less vibration during the spin cycle, which leads to much less noise.
The average noise level of a washer-dryer with direct drive is below 73 dB, which is considered quiet. Keep in mind that this is the 73 db spin noise level, so when your washer-dryer is only washing, it will be even quieter.
The brushless motor is also much more energy efficient and durable. A Direct Drive washer-dryer therefore lasts much longer than the average washer-dryer.
What is the difference between a washer dryer combo with steam function and a washing machine with steam function
The difference between these two machines is very simple for you as a user. With a steam generator your laundry comes out less wrinkled, but not completely dry. In order to ensure that your laundry remains uncreased in crease, you will need to find a method that allows you to dry your laundry naturally or you will also need to purchase a dryer with a steam function.
In this respect, the advantage of a washer-dryer over a washing machine with steam function is that you can wash and dry your laundry wrinkle-free, without having to look for another solution for drying.
Different features of a washer dryer combo with steam function
Are you looking for a combined washer and dryer? Then it’s important to consider a number of features. As you can read above, the noise level of a spin dryer can be between 73 db and 78 db, with anything under 73 db being considered very quiet.
The fill weight is also important. With a washing and drying combination, the fill weight for washing is always greater than for drying. For example, you may wash 8 kg or 9 kg, but only dry 6 kg or 5 kg. This means that in some cases you may have to take some of your laundry out of the drum and dry it in an alternative way. So for that you need to think carefully about what kind of laundry you have and what all you want to dry with your machine. For example, you may choose to dry towels and bedding with the washer-dryer and hang your clothes on a drying rack.
Besides the noise level and the fill weight, you should also think about the energy label. Washing and drying machines are generally known for not being very energy efficient, which means that you have a more limited choice when you are looking for an energy efficient model. You’ll soon end up with a model that has a brushless motor.
Finally, there are a number of small features to consider. For example, a self-cleaning detergent drawer and automatic detergent dosing can make your life a lot easier.
The pros and cons of a washer dryer combo with steam function
Most popular white goods brands have a washer-dryer combination with steam function in their range, but what are the benefits?
- Less ironing: When your clothes come out of the drum less wrinkled or not wrinkled at all, you don’t have to iron as much. Not only does this save time, but your clothes will last longer.
- Cleaner washing: Steam penetrates the fibers of a fabric more easily than when you use only water. Steam will therefore clean your laundry considerably, which is very useful if you have allergies or want to wash baby clothes.
- Freshen up function: Sometimes your laundry is not really dirty, but just needs to be freshened up. In that case, the refresh function is ideal. The steam is blown through the drum and your clothes are fresh again in no time.
- Better for your clothes: No water is added while using the steam function, which means that your clothes will wear much less
- Lower energy costs: By using the steam function you save water, detergent and energy. This will have a positive effect on your wallet!
- Price: A steam generator is not necessarily more expensive than one without this feature.
The mistake that many people make when buying a washer-dryer is that they focus too much on the advantages. It sounds very appealing to have one machine that can do the work of two and they forget that a washer and dryer combination is not the same as a separate washer and dryer.
- The mistake that many people make when buying a washer-dryer is that they focus too much on the advantages. It sounds very appealing to have one machine that can do the work of two and they forget that a washer and dryer combination is not the same as a separate washer and dryer.
- Average fill weight of 8 kg for washing and 5 kg for drying: One of the biggest pitfalls of a washer-dryer combination is the number of kilograms of laundry you can put in the drum per turn. This is because it is different for washing and drying, so that in some cases you may have to dry some of your laundry differently. For example, if the weight limit for washing is 8 kg or 9 kg, which is enough for a family of 4, the maximum weight limit for drying may be only 4 kg or 5 kg. So after each wash cycle you need to remove several kilograms of laundry from the drum before you can proceed to the drying function.
- Some fabrics still need to be ironed: A steam combi will certainly make sure that your laundry is less wrinkled, but not all your garments can go straight back into the closet. A cotton blouse, for example, may still have a few wrinkles that need to be ironed out.
- Not all washing and drying machines have the same steam function: If you are looking for a washing and drying machine with a steam function, you should always pay attention to what the steam function can be used for. In some cases, the steam can only be used to freshen up your clothes and will not reduce creasing. Hygienic steaming is a completely different function from wrinkle removal and not every steam washer-dryer can do both.
- Shrinkage of laundry: Due to the high temperature of the fabric, some garments may shrink. Always check the label to see if the clothes can withstand this.