What to look out for when buying a dryer on sale?
A special offer is great, of course, but it shouldn’t be a reason for buying a dryer that doesn’t actually meet your needs. That is why we are here to tell you what to look out for when buying a dryer on sale.
- Dryer type:a choice between a clothes dryer with a drainer, a condenser and a heat pump dryer. It is important to note that a clothes dryer has the highest energy consumption and a heat pump dryer is the most energy efficient.
- Make of washer/dryer:a special offer can be a great opportunity to buy a washer/dryer from a bigger brand. Miele, Bosch AEG and Samsung are best known for delivering quality.
- Fill weight: this indicates how much laundry will fit in the drum. Ideally, you should choose a tumble dryer with the same or more fill weight than your washing machine. Or: for 1 or 2 persons, 6 or 7 kg. For 3 or 4 people, 8kg. And for a household of 5 or more, 9kg or more.
- Drainage of condensation: the moisture in your laundry has to go somewhere! You can choose to collect it in a tank (condenser or heat pump dryer), go down the water drain (condenser or heat pump dryer) or vent it outside (extractor dryer).
- Noise level: choose from loud (67 dB or more), medium (65 dB or 66 dB) or quiet (64 dB or less).
- Energy class: heat pump dryers in energy class A+++ are the most energy efficient. They may be more expensive to buy, but they are better for the environment and will keep your energy bills down.