How to build in a dryer
A dryer that is perfect for building into any cabinet
It looks pretty neat to place a dryer under your kitchen sink, but if you want a really nice finish, you should choose to build your dryer in. How do you do that? We explain it to you in detail. Note: depending on the brand of your new dryer, the procedure may vary. Always check the instructions for your new dryer beforehand.
- Start by removing the old dryer. Keep a bucket and/or towel handy for any leaks when disconnecting the hose and water drain – if you use it for your clothes dryer.
- Remove the old clothes dryer from its place.
- Mount the kitchen panel on the new clothes dryer.
- Place the new clothes dryer in the niche and connect it to the drain and power.
- Check that the appliance is working by turning on a program and checking that the moisture is being pumped off – or, in the case of a tumble dryer with a reservoir, by checking and emptying the moisture tray.
Best built-in dryers of 2022
The Electrolux ELFE7637AW is the best dryer of July 2022!
Buying a tumble dryer; what to look out for
The fill weight indicates how much laundry fits in the drum. Ideally, you should choose a clothes dryer with the same or more fill weight than your washing machine. Or:
- For 1 or 2 people, 6 or 7 kg.
- For 3 or 4 people, 8 kg fill weight.
- For a household of 5 or more, 9 kg fill weight or more.