What is a Miele Twindos washing machine
So as we have already told you, Miele Twindos is a line within Miele washing machines. The Miele Twindos washing machines fall within the category: ‘washing machines with automatic detergent dosing’. But how does a Miele Twindos washing machine work? The Miele Twindos works in the following way: Before you turn on the laundry you choose the dirtiness level of the laundry, these are three special wash programs, namely for light, normal or heavily soiled laundry, then the washing machine weighs how much clothing is in the drum. Based on this, it determines how much detergent to use.
The best Miele Twindos washing machines from [Year]
Pre- and cons Miele Twindos
Before you buy a Miele Twindos washing machine, it’s useful to weigh the pros and cons of the washing machine. To make it easy for you, we have listed the advantages and disadvantages of the Miele Twindos for you below:
- Your clothes will last longer: Because the Miele Twindos always uses the perfect amount of detergent for the clothes what is in the drum, your clothes will last much longer. Too much detergent dulls the clothes very quickly, while too little detergent does not clean the clothes and makes them greyish.
- You save water and energy:The majority of people who have to dispense detergent manually usually use too much detergent. The disadvantage of having too much detergent in the drum is that the washing machine has to rinse more often with water to get all the foam out of the drum. Because the Miele Twindos never uses too much detergent or fabric softener, you save an average of about 7000 liters of water per year. In addition, you also save on your energy bill because your washing machine doesn’t have to run as long. This is not only good for the environment but also for your wallet.
- You will save on detergent or fabric softener:As manual dosing can be very tricky, you can easily use too much. It has been shown that you can save up to 30% detergent annually with autodos.
- Easy:The washing machines with Twindos function dose the liquid detergent and fabric softener themselves. On average you need to replenish the liquid every 20 washes, otherwise you don’t have to worry.
- Less clean laundry: We compared the automatic dosing of the Miele Twindos with a manual dosing. From that, we found that the clothes came out of the wash less clean compared to the clothes where we manually dosed. Thus, the Miele Twindos uses just a little too little detergent. However, it is possible to indicate that the washing machine should use more detergent in a wash. So for example, should you have very dirty laundry,you can use more detergent for that wash than the device itself indicates.
Which detergent should you use with the Miele Twindos
Miele itself sells two reservoirs of detergent for the Miele Twindos. These two reservoirs are located on the bottom right of the washing machine, these are the following two reservoirs:
- Miele UltraPhase 1: This is detergent contains ingredients suitable for color and white laundry. This is a fur detergent
- Miele Ultraphase 2: This detergent contains ingredients suitable for white laundry. This is a detergent with bleach
These two types of detergent are mixed at the correct ratio based on the program you choose. Both reservoirs contain approximately enough detergent for an average of 40 washes.
However, it is also possible to use your own favorite detergent and fabric softener. To do this you need to buy two empty refill reservoirs, namely TwinDos 1 and TwinDos 2. When you have put these reservoirs in the bottom right of the washing machine, you can indicate on the display of the model what is in the two reservoirs. The Twindos washing machine will dose the detergent automatically. However, if for some washes you would like to manually dose a different detergent yourself, that is not a problem, you can do this through the detergent drawer.